Many companies struggle with finding, retaining, and partnering with Independent Contractors, but WHY? Partnering with Independent Contractors can be very rewarding and beneficial to your business. Moreover, opening your business to Independent Contractor partnerships lets you source talent from a large market of self-employed people. But how do you find the right talent? How do you make sure your company doesn’t go viral for the wrong reasons? You can maintain your brand image, save time and money by following these three easy steps for sourcing and retaining the RIGHT Independent Contractors:
Partnering with Independent Contractors
1. Recruiting – Viral videos of drivers eating from bags of food they are paid to deliver or hurling packages of fragile items across yards are everywhere. To try and avoid this, you’ll want to create a full service recruiting program. Do this by filtering through the type of candidates YOU are looking for to best represent your brand. First, you’ll want to source candidates with background checks, driving records, criminal records and SSN verification. Then, by setting up screening questions that align with your brand strategy, you’ll have peace of mind knowing you are partnering with the RIGHT Independent Contractor.
2. Incentivize – Above all, money is usually a driving factor for most Independent Contractors. By offering financial and personal incentives they’re more likely to do their job to the best of their ability. A great incentive is to create a driver perks program, giving them access to exclusive discounts only available by partnering with your company (i.e. Car Insurance, Tax Software, Restaurants, Gyms, Movies, etc.). Offering an exclusive program, can incentivize Independent Contractors to continue their partnership with your business and encourage quality work.
3. Maintain – A happy Independent Contractor is a satisfied Independent Contractor which can result in a lasting partnership. There are a couple of ways to do this:
- Have a dedicated team that your Independent Contractors are in touch with on a regular basis. When the communication is open, they are more likely to feel comfortable and at ease with projects.
- Follow-up quarterly with surveys. Don’t assume everyone is happy, ask for feedback, what can be improved, etc. and then implement any necessary changes to make their lives easier.
Partnering with Delivery Drivers, Inc.
In summary, you want to: Recruit Independent Contractors that align with your brand, Incentivize them to want to do a great job, and Maintain a relationship with them by building a partnership. It seems simple, right? Partnering with Independent Contractors is far from that. It takes years to perfect and acquire the knowledge of working with Independent Contractors based on state and local compliance. However, by partnering with a Third Party Administrator like Delivery Drivers, Inc. – we can assist you with all of your Human Resource Management and Independent Contractor needs. With over 25 years of experience in this industry, we know how to help you run your business more efficiently. We make partnering with Independent Contractors look easy!